Sunday, May 9, 2010

Price matching

When we need something, we always look for a good deal.  This time around, we needed a new washing machine.

In order to get one, we waited and waited for a deal to come up - it sure did.  We google searched for them on www.redflagdeals.com and noticed that someone had pricematched them at a department store.  We ended up doing the same thing and purchased the set for cheaper than any price that has been advertised in the past two years (even lower than boxing day).

How?  The store we bought at was the most expensive; however, they had a price match + 10% of the difference.  The difference was huge, so it worked out in our favor!

Score one for the Frugalistas!

2 comments:

swop2shop said...

Have you seen another great swapping site for womens and kids clothes? www.swop2shop.co.uk

My whole wardrobe is becomming Swop2Shop!

Martha Jackson said...

Hi,

My name is Martha Jackson and I am the webmaster of some good finance related sites. I came to know about your blog frugalistas.blogspot.com through search engine. I find your site interesting as well as informative for my visitors. Hope your visitors would also gain from the content of our sites. I am interested in exchanging links with you. It will be mutually beneficial for both of us. If you wish then we can also “exchange articles” and “guest posts”. To give you one more advantage I can place your link within my content.

If you agree, contact me at: martha.jackson815[at]gmail.com.

Waiting for a quick and positive reply.

Thanks,

Martha Jackson